The information below outlines removal of Protection from the Guest VM(s) and the Hyper-V Agent from the Host Server.
Important: Before uninstalling the Host Machine's Hyper-V Agent, remove the Guest VM's Protection
Removing Protection for the Guest VM:
- Open the VIPRE Business Console and highlight "Hyper-V Policies"
- Navigate to the "Protected Computers" tab
- Right-Click the Agent(s) and select "Unprotect VM(s)"
- On the guest machines open Programs & Features (or Add / Remove Programs)
- Uninstall the "VIPRE Hyper-V Active Protection Agent" and reboot the system
- Navigate to the "Unprotected Computers" tab
- Right-Click the Agent(s) and select "Remove the Hyper-V Agent from the Catalog"
Uninstalling the Hyper V Agent on the Host Machine:
- Navigate to Programs & Features (or Add / Remove Programs)
- Remove the "VIPRE Hyper-V Agent" and reboot the system
Note: Virtual Machines should be found in the Default Windows Policy after the next Unprotected Computer search