VIPRE Email Security is scoring and quarantining legitimate email messages. (This is also known as a False Positive)
- VIPRE Email Security
- All Supported Environments
The definition for the Antispam engines need to be corrected. ThreatTrack Security has an
agreement with the vendors of the Cloudmark and SpamCure Engines
to address any false positive spam messages in a timely manner.
The Information below outlines how to verify a message is a False Positive and how to submit the message for whitelisting:
1. Collect a Sample of the message(s) falsely identified as SPAM
· Important: These Samples MUST be in "EML" or "MSG" format
2. Check the message's Spam Score inside of the Header. (Examples below)
· X-Ninja-Antispam: Policy 1 - Quarantined - Final Score - 0,0,5000 (5000)
· X-Ninja-Antispam: Policy 1 - Quarantined - Final Score - 0,0,210 (210)
3. Add the Sample(s) as attachments to an email addressed to "NotSpam@ThreatTrack.com"
· Important: If the Samples are simply forwarded, whitelisting will NOT take place the orginal message must be sent as an attachment
4. Ensure "False Positive Spam" is the Subject and send the message
This mailbox will forward the False
Positive to the associated vendor s for Whitelisting.
Note: Whitelisting is typically performed within 24-48 hours of submission.
While you are waiting for whitelisting to occur you can work around the issue by having the user drop the message in the allowed sender folder or creating global or policy rules to allow the messages through.
The Cloudmark and SpamCure Engines are signature based engines. If the engine scores a message that is not spam there is something in the message triggering the detection causing the message to receive a score.