A VIPRE Business Agent's Deep Scans are taking an excessive amount of time to complete.
- VIPRE Business
- VIPRE Business Premium
- VIPRE Endpoint Security
- All Supported Environments
VIPRE's Deep Scan time can be impacted by a large number of factors.
Prior to troubleshooting, confirm the following:
- No other security programs are present
- All Policies are setup correctly (How to setup policies in VIPRE Business)
- No backups are running at the time of the scan
- Scans are not running at a lower priority
Should the above circumstances be met, the most common cause of long Deep Scans is a lack of proper exclusions.
Many programs will include recommended exclusions for anti-virus software and should be added as exceptions to VIPRE Business:
Below are some typical situations that warrant exclusion:
- Mission-Critical Programs or Files
- Programs running a self managed database
- Resource-intensive programs (such-as Auto-CAD)
- Backup software that locally stores archive files
If the VIPRE Business Deep Scans continue to run long, please Contact Support
The policy utilized by the Agent is not setup correctly or another product requires an exclusion.