The VIPRE Console shows as 'Connecting' indefinitely. When reviewing logs, the EnterpriseConsole.log file shows the following line repeating:
Note: The EnterpriseConsole.log file can be found in the Console's User Data folder:
- C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\VIPRE Business\Logs\ (Other OS/Version Locations)
- VIPRE Business
- VIPRE Business Premium
- VIPRE Endpoint Security
- All Supported Environments
Ensure the default contents of the HOSTS file is commented out:
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# For example:
# 22.214.171.124 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 126.96.36.199 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
- Close the Console and stop the VIPRE Business Site Service
- Navigate to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\
- Open the 'HOSTS' file with Notepad
- Comment-out any references to the loopback IP (see example below)
- Start the service and open the Console
If the Hosts file is incorrectly configured, VIPRE's Site Service will not be able to correctly identify the IP address it needs to connect with.