VIPRE Internet Security includes an Anti-Spam component. To enable it, access your Email Protection settings and place a check mark on the option. Emails will now be marked as [SPAM] whenever they are identified as being spam. Here are some things to consider:
- The Anti-Spam feature is not enabled by default. You must enable it from within the Email Protection settings.
- The Anti-Spam feature will only function for POP3 configurations set to port 110, by default, for incoming email. SSL connections are not supported and will cause mail to stop flowing.
- The Anti-Spam engine does not use definitions that are downloaded.
- Messages marked as [SPAM] won't have any other actions performed on them. It is up to the user to configure their Email Client to identify messages marked as spam and move them to different folder if desired.
- VIPRE will not mark messages as spam if they adhere to the CAN-SPAM Act. Most email services that a user volountarily signs up for (ie. Newsletters) adhere to this act. More information about this can be read here: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business