Error: 'The procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll' during start up or launching VIPRE Home
To resolve this issue, rename the dwmapi.dll file by following the steps listed below:
- Click Startand click My Computer or Computer
- Double-click the hard disk icon for the driver where Windows is installed. In most cases this will be C:\
- Double-click the Windows folder and then double-click the system32 folder
- Browse to the file dwampi.dll
- Right-click the file and click Rename. Type dwmapi.old and hit enter.
Note: dwmapi.dll is a windows Vista file that may have been installed by another application. This issue occurs when the dwmapi.dll has been installed into the Windows\System32 folder of a Windows XP installation.
Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact support using the information found at the following link: VIPRE Support