Note: For the context of this article, the following terms apply:
This article outlines how to upgrade to VIPRE Endpoint Security and push the new Agent Software to workstations.
The instructions below apply to both VIPRE Business and VIPRE Business Premium.
If the installed console is below Version 5.0.4959 the upgrade path requires additional steps listed below:
- Ensure the key received from sales begins with "443"
- Close the VIPRE Business Console
- Back up the VIPRE database
- Download and run the VIPRE Endpoint Security installer
- Once complete, open the Console and confirm that Endpoint Security is installed
- On the Console, go to: Site Properties > Updates
- Click the "Agent" button
- Wait for the Status for the Software Updates to report "Healthy"
- Close the Site Properties
Upgrading with a Scheduled Installation:
- Right click the Agent, select Agent Updates, and choose Schedule Agent Upgrades
- Select VIPRE Endpoint Security from the drop down menu and choose an installation time
- The agent will upgrade shortly after the scheduled time
- Upgraded Agents may require a reboot (the Console upgrade will not).
- Once upgraded, It is NOT possible to DOWNGRADE to a Premium or Standard Agent. The Endpoint agent will need to be uninstalled, then you can install the Standard or Premium agent.