- WHAT'S NEW
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
1. WHAT'S NEW
VIPRE Advanced Security for Home delivers the best protection at the best price, as the top-rated, award-winning endpoint security product for home users. Powered by next-generation advanced machine learning, one of the world’s largest threat intelligence clouds, and real-time behavior monitoring, VIPRE protects millions of users from ransomware, zero-day attacks, phishing, exploit kits, mobile threats and other malware that easily evades traditional signature-based antivirus. Easy to use, simple to buy and available at the best price, VIPRE provides the proactive advanced threat defense all users need to protect their digital lives, plus free U.S.-based technical support.
On the heels of our 2016 release, which vaulted our core malware detection ratings to the top of the charts, this year’s release further simplifies and solidifies the protection you get from a broad range of features, including:
- Simplified Packaging at a Lower Price: You get the best protection we offer at a fantastic value, now with advanced behavioral monitoring, patching for your apps and full network protection right out of the box for all customers.
- Safer E-mail: Our anti-spam and anti-phishing capabilities have been updated and improved to protect you against the most common form of attack.
- Safer Internet: Major improvements to our firewall and network threat scanning engines target network-borne attacks and threats.
- Malicious App Detection: If a particularly sneaky app gets past our main scanning engine, our app monitoring and blocking technology will use both rule-based and behavioral techniques to find rogue apps and shut them down.
- Go Faster: Top-to-bottom improvement in performance lets you work and play faster and more efficiently - and you won't know we’re there.
If you are looking for the best protection with the best value in the industry, VIPRE Advanced Security for Home is the right solution for you.
2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Important: VIPRE Advanced Security uses advanced technologies for today’s newer operating systems and does not install on Windows XP.
HARDWARE AND OPERATING SYSTEMS
To run VIPRE Advanced Security features effectively, you need a PC-compatible computer with at least 1 GB of RAM and 1 GB of hard-drive space running 32- or 64-bit versions of either:
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (build 1607)
- Windows 10 Creators Update (build 1703)
Newer service packs are also supported.Internet connection (broadband recommended) required to install product.
Note: SSL and TLS security protocols are only supported with Microsoft Outlook and Windows Mail.
SUPPORTED EMAIL CLIENTS
(applies to email PC internet security protection):
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Outlook 365
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Windows Mail on Windows Vista
Other email products that use SMTP/POP3 for sending and receiving messages, including Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and many others.
Product and company names are trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.
3. KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
The Device Guard feature in Windows 10 Enterprise Edition is not compatible with VIPRE's Advanced Active Protection feature.
Depending on your environment and the types of services you intend to use on your computer, you should consider which of these two options provides the greater level of protection and enable only that solution.
Copyright © 2017 VIPRE Security. All Rights Reserved. VIPRE Security, VIPRE and the VIPRE Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of VIPRE Security in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.