When performing a VIPRE software update, we have encountered a situation where a small amount of users are unable to run VIPRE after the update is complete. The VIPRE icon is missing from the system tray and the software no longer runs when the computer starts up. This is the result of the service getting hung up during the update and will prevent the update from completing properly.
This issue is easily remedied and is corrected by simply running a repair of VIPRE. To run a repair of VIPRE, we need to open the Programs and Features window. To open Programs and Features:
1.Open the Windows Start menu, type "Control Panel" and click on the Control Panel icon at the top
2. Depending on the view being used, locate and click on "Programs and features" or "Uninstall a program".
3. Locate VIPRE on the list and double-click to begin the repair.
4. Check Repair and click Next.
5. Click Install.
6. The VIPRE repair is now in progress.
7. When complete, click Finish.
Once the repair has finished, the service will be restored and VIPRE will open and operate as intended.